Many individuals choose to support charitable organizations through future gifts from their estates.
A charitable bequest is a direction in your will that instructs your Executor(s)/Trustee(s) to leave one or more of your assets to a designated organization. This meaningful directive supports Branksome Hall while offering significant tax savings for your estate.
Your gift both increases your loved ones’ inheritance and makes a life-shaping difference for Branksome Hall students.
Benefits to You:
Sample Bequest Language:
- Convenience: A legacy gift in your will can be made no matter your age, for any amount.
- Simplity: Just instruct your lawyer to include a bequest to Branksome Hall in your will.
- Cost-effective: There are no current costs. Your present income will not decrease.
- Tax Relief: A legacy gift in your will is a highly effective way to reduce estate taxes.
- Tax Planning: Branksome Hall will issue a charitable tax receipt for the full value of your bequest, reducing the tax payable on your final return. If your bequest exceeds 100 per cent of your net income, the excess may be carried back to the previous tax year or taken forward as part of a graduated rate estate plan.
- Flexibility: Your bequest may be a specific amount, a percentage of your estate or the residue of your estate—a gift after your debts have been paid and other bequests made.
- Peace of Mind: Change your will at any time.
- Satisfaction: Legacy gifts are made for personal reasons in addition to ensuring that Branksome Hall continues its commitment to shape the lives of young women far into the future. Your bequest can create a lasting memorial for you, your family or anyone you may wish to honour.
I bequeath to Branksome Hall ___% of the residue of my estate [or the sum of $_________]. This gift is to be used for such purposes and designs as deemed appropriate by the Board of Governors of Branksome Hall. To have the greatest impact, gifts to Branksome should be unrestricted. If, however, you wish to designate your gift for a specific use, we are happy to discuss the options with you.