Below are some essential steps when applying to Branksome Hall.
Plan Your Visit
We welcome you to come and visit Branksome Hall!
We hold Open Houses each fall
and offer group and private tours. Our Admissions team looks forward to answering your questions during your visit. We are also available by phone or email. Each year, we travel internationally to meet families of potential boarding students. This fall, we will be traveling to Germany, Saudi Arabia, Bermuda and USA.
Once your application is submitted, you will have the opportunity to book your interview and pay the application fee through our online booking system. Students and parents attend interview appointments together and are offered a student-led tour before the interview. When booking your interview, you will have the opportunity to choose a private student-led tour or an interview only appointment. A member of our Admissions team will first interview the student and then parents will be invited for the family interview portion. Please plan to be at the school for approximately two hours.
Preparing for SSAT (Secondary School Admissions Test)
Local students applying for Grade 9 to 11 are required to write the SSAT. International students applying for Grade 7 to 11 are required to write the SSAT. If the SSAT is unavailable in your area, please contact the Admissions office or call 416-920-6265 ext. 268.
Register for SSAT
- You will require Branksome Hall’s ID number when you register. Our ID number is 1791.
- The school does not encourage the use of tutors for preparation — the best way to prepare is to do the practice tests supplied thought www.ssat.org.
- Testing more than once is strongly discouraged — doing so makes no appreciable difference to results.
- SSAT tests should be completed by mid-January in order to be considered in the first round of day admissions decisions.
- Branksome Hall does not use the SSAT to screen applicants; therefore, interviews may be conducted before the test is taken.
- Students whose first language is not English may be asked to do additional entrance testing to determine language proficiency.
- If the SSAT test is not available in your area, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.