Below are some essential steps when applying to Branksome Hall.
Plan Your Virtual Visit
This year, we will be offering prospective families opportunities to virtually visit our campus and to learn more about our school. If you are unable to attend the live event, we will share recordings on our website for you to view. Virtual Tours
We are excited to announce that families may tour Branksome Hall anytime from the comfort of their own space. We are offering a self-guided 3D virtual tour of the AWC, Middle School and Senior School here (link to come!) Virtual Open Houses
Please join one of our Virtual Open Houses
to learn more about our Middle and Senior School.Virtual Conversation Corners
We invite Boarding applicants to join our Virtual Conversation Corner
to learn more about our IB Advantage for Girls and specific supports for our Boarding students.
Our Admissions team looks forward to answering any questions via phone or email, or you may book a virtual chat with us over Zoom. Contact Norma at email@example.com
Once your application is submitted and all required documents are uploaded, a member of our Admissions team will reach out to schedule the interview over Zoom or other apps such as Skype, WeChat or FaceTime.
The SSAT results are not required in advance of the interview
, but all report cards/transcripts must be submitted
before the Admissions Office will schedule the interview.
Teacher Recommendation Forms
All boarding applicants must have their teachers complete and submit both a Math Teacher
and English Teacher
Steps to Apply:
Book your SSAT
test to be written by January 20, 2021.
Preparing for SSAT (Secondary School Admissions Test) Local students applying for Grade 9 to 11 are required to write the SSAT. International students applying for Grade 7 to 11 are required to write the SSAT. If the SSAT is unavailable in your area, please contact the Admissions office
or call 416-920-6265 ext. 268.
Register for SSAT
SSAT at Home
- You will require Branksome Hall’s ID number when you register. Our ID number is 1791.
- The school does not encourage the use of tutors for preparation — the best way to prepare is to do the practice tests supplied thought www.ssat.org.
- Testing more than once is strongly discouraged — doing so makes no appreciable difference to results.
- SSAT tests should be completed by mid-January in order to be considered in the first round of day admissions decisions.
- Branksome Hall does not use the SSAT to screen applicants; therefore, interviews may be conducted before the test is taken.
- Students whose first language is not English may be asked to do additional entrance testing to determine language proficiency.
- If the SSAT is unavailable in your area, please visit www.ssat.org for home testing or contact the Admissions office or call 416-920-6265 ext. 268.
This year, the SSAT is offering SSAT at Home, for students who do not wish to write the test in a testing centre. Students are able to write the test using a computer with online proctors from the comfort of their own home. Please find out more by looking at the SSAT website