Below are some essential steps when applying to Branksome Hall.
Plan Your Visit
We welcome you to come and visit Branksome Hall if possible.
We hold Open Houses each fall
and offer group and private tours. Our Admissions team looks forward to answering your questions during your visit. We are also available by phone or email. As well, each year, we travel internationally to meet families of potential boarding students. This fall, we will be traveling to Germany, Saudi Arabia, Bermuda and USA.
Once your complete application is submitted, including a short introductory video and final report cards/transcripts, the Admissions Office will review and contact selected applicants for an interview. The interview can be conducted in person on campus, perhaps in your city if the Admissions team is there, or online through such apps as Skype, WeChat or FaceTime. You will be contacted directly if an interview will be requested.
Teacher Recommendation Forms
Steps to Apply:
Preparing for SSAT (Secondary School Admissions Test)
Local students applying for Grade 9 to 11 are required to write the SSAT. International students applying for Grade 7 to 11 are required to write the SSAT. If the SSAT is unavailable in your area, please contact the Admissions office
or call 416-920-6265 ext. 268.
Register for SSAT
- You will require Branksome Hall’s ID number when you register. Our ID number is 1791.
- The school does not encourage the use of tutors for preparation — the best way to prepare is to do the practice tests supplied thought www.ssat.org.
- Testing more than once is strongly discouraged — doing so makes no appreciable difference to results.
- SSAT tests should be completed by mid-January in order to be considered in the first round of day admissions decisions.
- Branksome Hall does not use the SSAT to screen applicants; therefore, interviews may be conducted before the test is taken.
- Students whose first language is not English may be asked to do additional entrance testing to determine language proficiency.
- If the SSAT test is not available in your area, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.