Branksome is proud of its ability to support students through entrance merit scholarships and a program of financial assistance (bursaries). Our philosophy is to support, in part, as many families as possible as they look to finance their Branksome experience from Grade 7 to 12.
Financial Assistance (Bursaries)
- The primary responsibility for payment of all fees rests with the student’s family.
- Branksome Hall offers financial assistance, at various levels, to students in Grade 7 to 12 who qualify for admission to the school and whose families can show evidence of financial need.
- Application for financial assistance is made to a third party assessor (Apple Financial Services) who makes a recommendation to the Branksome Hall Financial Assistance Committee. The application for financial assistance is separate from the admissions application and must be completed on the Apple Financial Services website. A family’s application for financial assistance is reviewed and evaluated independently from the admission application.
- All families are advised to apply for financial assistance at their earliest convenience, as funds are limited. The deadline for returning families is December 2, 2022 and for new families, the deadline is January 6, 2023. All decisions are made by the Branksome Hall Financial Assistance Committee and are communicated in late February.
- Academic excellence is not a requirement for the awarding of financial assistance but students are expected to maintain good academic standing and to be positive, contributing members of the school community.
- Renewal of financial assistance is not automatic; families must re-apply annually.
- Financial assistance is awarded as a reduction of fees, not as cash.
- Cost of attendance (not only the tuition fee) is taken into consideration.
- Both new and returning families from Grade 7 to 12 are eligible for financial assistance.
How to Apply for Financial Assistance
Interested families need to complete the Financial Aid for Canadian Students' (FACS) form, which is completed through Apple Financial Services. Applications should be made to Apple Financial by December 2, 2022 for returning families and by January 6, 2023 for new families. The application form and further information can be obtained from the Apple Financial Services website