|Branksome is proud of its ability to support students through merit scholarships and a program of financial aid (bursaries). Our philosophy is to support, in part, as many families as possible as they look to finance the Branksome experience. Financial Aid (Bursaries)
How to Apply for Financial Aid Interested families need to complete the Financial Aid for Canadian Students' (FACS) Form, which is completed through Apple Financial Services. Applications should be made to Apple Financial by late November for returning families and by early December for new families. The application form and further information can be obtained from the Apple Financial Services website
- The primary responsibility for payment of all fees rests with the student's family.
- Branksome Hall offers financial assistance, at various levels, to students in Grade 7 to 12 who qualify for admission to the school, and whose families can show evidence of financial need.
- Application for financial aid is made to a third party assessor (Apple Financial or FACS) who makes a recommendation to the school. Applications are considered once received. The deadline for returning families is late November and for new families, the deadline is early December. All decisions are made by the Branksome Hall Financial Aid Committee and are communicated by February.
- All families are advised to apply for financial aid at their earliest convenience, as funds are limited.
- Academic excellence is not a requirement for the awarding of financial aid, but students are expected to maintain good academic standing and to be positive, contributing members of the school community.
- Renewal of financial aid is not automatic; families must re-apply annually.
- Financial aid is awarded as a reduction of fees, not as cash.
- Cost of attendance (not only the tuition fee) is taken into consideration
- Both new and returning families are eligible for financial aid.
New families are also required to complete a Branksome Hall Application Form Entrance Scholarships Entrance Merit Scholarships are available for new day and residence students entering Grades 7 to 12. Scholarships are awarded in recognition of students' academic success and co-curricular involvement. The average award is between $1,000 and $7,500; however, some students are awarded up to $12,000. Please contact the Admissions Office for further details. Financial Assistance for School Trips Recognizing the importance of travel opportunities and the financial constraints that school trips might impose, endowed bursaries, established by donors, enable our students to participate in these specialized programs. The Financial Assistance Committee meets regularly to review applications for Trip Financial Assistance.
To apply for Trip Financial Assistance, families are asked to first apply to Apple Financial Services and then to complete the online Travel Financial Assistance Request Form. Request forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries and applications remain confidential. Applications must be made at least 45 days in advance of the school trip to allow for consideration by the Financial Aid Committee.
For those families who have already completed the application to Apple Financial Services, the Travel Financial Assistance Request Form must be completed and submitted by email, at least 30 days in advance of the school trip.
Download the Travel Financial Assistance Request Form.